We are pleased to share the first details of the panels that will take place in September at STI2022, specifically the panel Dataset harmonization and indicator development on Science Technology and Innovation. Insights from the RISIS project.
Impressive developments have taken place in the development of Science and Technology Indicators in the last few decades, including advanced bibliometric indicators on scientific output, patents for technological output, as well as indicators on research investment and higher education institutions. The focus shifted rapidly form aggregated indicators at the level of whole national systems to more disaggregated indicators displaying the positioning of actors within the research system. This proliferation generated the challenge of interoperability and of developing specific indicators tailored to diverse user and policy needs.
This panel will report the experience of the RISIS infrastructure project in addressing these challenges. This session will aim at presenting the state of development of S&T indicators as one of the main RISIS activities and to present the services currently available. It is scheduled to last 90′ with a set of presentations and a discussion session with the participants.
The program is as follows:
- General introduction on indicators in RISIS (Benedetto Lepori)
- The OrgReg indicators module: status and issues (Benedetto Lepori)
- Demo of the OrgReg indicators module (Daniel Wagner-Schuster)
- Regional indicators: status and prospects (incl. KNOWMAK; Thomas Scherngell)
- Indicators on large firms (Antoine Schön and Patricia Laurens)
- Q&A and open discussion